F-Interop is a European funded project that will develop and provide remotely accessible tools to support and accelerate standardisation processes and product developments, by offsetting cost and time barriers.
The project will research and develop a new Future Internet Research and Experimentation (FIRE) experimental platform to support the development of new technologies and standards, from their genesis to the market for: online interoperability tests and validation tools; remote compliance and conformance tests; scalability tests; Quality of Service (QoS) tests; SDN/NFV interoperability tools; online privacy test tools; and energy efficiency tools.
- Enable SMEs to accelerate interoperability and the development of their products and services
- Extend FIRE testbeds and bring them closer to the market
- Gather a combination of leading industry experts from standardisation bodies, research centres, FIRE testbeds and SMEs from Europe and Japan. The F-Interop ecosystem will enable sustainable impact, commercial uptake and synergies at EU level.
The project coordinator is University Pierre et Marie Curie – UPMC, with partners including iMinds; ETSI; EANTC; MI; University of Luxembourg; and Inria. The Digital Catapult’s role in the project is to work on architecture and design.
Check out our F-Interop blog posts:
- IoT interoperability: challenges and opportunities
- F-Interop: boosting IoT interoperability
- F-Interop: getting involved
- F-Interop: Lessons learnt
To hear more about this project, email our Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org