Industry 4.0 Hack & Pitch from Digital Catapult and Innovate UK challenges SMEs to identify innovative solutions that can positively disrupt the UK’s manufacturing industry. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winning entries, with £2,000 for the overall winner and £1,000 for the runner up.
*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*
We’ll be taking on three of the biggest challenges in facing manufacturing on the 4th/5th April. We are looking for SMEs from the UK and beyond to respond to the following challenges:
- What can be done to better exploit the potential of ‘Digital Twins’? (supported by The Digital Engineering & Test Centre) -This challenge is ideal for SMEs working with data analysis or process management we want to hear from you.
- How can test results better inform the manufacturing process for high-value steel products? (Supported by Tata Steel) – This challenge is ideal for SMEs working with Internet of Things, computer vision/sensing or data analytics.
- How can manufacturers monitor the condition of hard-to-reach and hard-to-sense parts of their machinery? (Supported by Siemens) – This challenge is ideal for SMEs working with data analysis and visualisation, Artificial Intelligence or augmented and mixed reality.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with industry leaders, manufacturers and technology experts as well as raise their profile by taking to the stage at the Industry 4.0 Summit in Manchester, set to host over 2,000 participants in April.
Benefits of getting involved:
- Access to industry leaders, technologists and challenge specialists from within international manufacturing organisations
- Promotion as a leader in developing Industry 4.0 solutions at a key industry event
- Opportunity to shape current or future product/service offerings with potential clients
- Network in an exclusive environment
- Strong visual presence on Innovate UK stand at the conference
- Inclusion in online, on-the-day and post event marketing and communications
- Opportunity to compete for cash prizes (£2,000 for the winner, £1,000 for the runner up)
The closing date to submit your interest for Hack & Pitch is Monday 20 March at 12 noon. To apply, please complete the form below and our team will come back to you within 7 days of the call closing.
Steps to Success
- Download the Knowledge Pack
The Knowledge Pack provides more information on the areas supporting companies wish to explore, including insight into challenges from collaborating manufacturers.
Click below to apply and let us know why you want to get involved and which area you would like to explore. In collaboration with our industry partners, we will select applications based on their feasibility and relevance to the challenges posed.
The deadline for applications is Monday 20 March at 12 noon.
- The Hack Begins
A week prior to the Summit shortlisted applicants will be given further insight into the challenges faced by manufacturers, from the manufacturers themselves. Based on this knowledge companies will be asked to develop a tailored concept to bring to the conference.
- Join us at the Industry 4.0 Summit/Factories of the Future in Manchester
Hack-A-Day – Tuesday 4 April – Manchester Central Convention Complex (MCCC)
On Day 1 of the conference participants will workshop solutions with industry experts, manufacturers and technologists before being given time to perfect their pitch for the following day.
Pitch Day – Wednesday 5 April – MCCC
Day 2 will see a concentrated morning of closed pitching followed by a public finale where three finalists will take to the stage seeking to be crowned Summit Champions. A £2,000 cash prize will be awarded to the overall winner and £1,000 to the runner up.
Following the conclusion of the Summit, proposals will be captured and circulated to participating supporters for review.
*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*