Apply now to get involved in the new Data City | Data Nation Challenge
The Digital Catapult is looking for data scientists, startups and innovators to collaborate on our Data City | Data Nation project
Data City | Data Nation will accelerate the development of new products and services for public bodies and businesses operating in London and Singapore.
Private data from telcos, retailers, health providers, insurance and security firms will be combined with open data from the GLA, the Smart Nation Office in Singapore and other public bodies to create a unique data sandbox.
The sandbox will be used by innovators to address monthly challenges themed around urban development, which will be influenced by industry partners.
The Digital Catapult will work with public and corporate partners to set the innovation community monthly challenge statements linked to the following themes:
- Transport and Mobility (14 March – 14 April 2016)
- Safety and Security (14 April – 14 May 2016)
- Healthcare and Wellness (14 May – 14 June 2016)
- Construction and Energy (14 June – July 2016)
- Population (14 July – 14 August 2016)
- Best of the Best Showcase (14 August – 14 September 2016).
What’s in it for me
The winning solutions will be selected and announced at a pitch day at the end of each theme. Innovators will receive:
- A prize for the most innovative solutions to each challenge statement
- The opportunity to present their innovative solution to a business critical challenge set by a sponsoring partner
- Mentoring to progress relationships and ideation support after each challenge ends
Register your interest online now
Please take a few moments to register your interest (see ‘Apply Online’ form below). This will give us an indication as to the type of organisation you are and what you hope to gain from being involved. We will then get in touch with you as soon as possible about being part of this project once we have had the opportunity to review your submission.
The closing date for this application is 11 March 2016.