Catapult Researchers in Residence (RIR) programme is designed to enable leading academics to spend research visits in one or more Catapult centres. Each Researcher in Residence will undertake a project that will generate impact from research. Projects must be strategic in nature and aligned with one of the challenge areas identified by the Catapults.
To help increase the connections between the UK research base and the Catapults, Research Councils UK (RCUK) is supporting the development of new collaborations through research visits/residencies for academics from universities or other eligible research organisations to spend time embedded with Digital Catapult teams.
The RinR initiative will support academics for research visits/residencies to one or more Catapults. The scope of these residencies could cover:
- Accelerating impact from research council investments, supporting the:
- Exploration of commercial opportunities deriving from research
- Development of new products, services and processes through the co-creation of new ideas
- Translation of research outputs to increase real-world impact
- Providing/generating information based on previous research council investments to support Catapult capabilities, e.g. supporting
- The identification of policy, services or process needs in emerging technologies
- Finding commercial opportunities for new technology and ideas
Interested applicants should check the Digital Catapult strategy to best understand the specific industry sectors and technology layers where Digital Catapult has focus.
A new call is now open for projects in partnership with the Future Cities Catapult, High Value Manufacturing Catapult, and the Satellite Applications Catapult.
|5G in Urban and Sub-Urban Areas||RIR 001||Digital Catapult and Future Cities Catapult
|Security in Digital Manufacturing||RIR 003||Digital Catapult and High Value Manufacturing Catapult
|London and/or local centres||08/09/2017|
|Creative Uses of Earth Observation Data in Virtual Environments||RIR 004||Digital Catapult and Satellite Applications Catapult
|London and Oxfordshire||08/09/2017|
Funding: all residencies will benefit from a grant of up to £50,000.
Eligibility: RiR fellowship applicants must be academic employees of an eligible organisation and must be resident in the UK. For this scheme, we are following EPSRC eligibility criteria.
To view more details about the call and how to apply, visit catapult.org.uk/work-with-us/researchers-in-residence/
Please note that you are expected to contact one of the Catapults prior to applying for the scheme
*For notifications and updates of subsequent calls, please sign up to our newsletter.*
For full terms and conditions about participating in Digital Catapult Open Calls, please click here.Apply here