MWC16: Top quotes
Christiana Courtright is Community Manager at IoTUK
Barcelona’s annual Mobile World Congress (MWC16) gave the tech world the opportunity to hear industry experts’ insights on mobile technologies. Christiana Courtright, Community Manager at IoTUK, captures key quotes from this year’s congress.
1. “We must go through this stage of overfunded food delivery companies and wait for the true revolution when drones can do it.” – Theis Søndergaard, Co-founder and COO, Vivino
Theis Søndergaard (second from right) decoding the future of food with mobile tech
2. If you are going to make smart things, the smartest way is to think of the software story. Everything is becoming software defined.” Mark Shuttleworth, Founder of Ubuntu
3. “Data is dangerous. Owning other people’s data is a real liability. You should be thinking of the costs associated with owning other people’s data and how a breach increases that cost dramatically.” Mark Shuttleworth
4. “There is only so much #innovation you can do on a spec [sic] sheet, you need to create testbeds.” Alex Gluhak, Lead Technologist (IoT), the Digital Catapult
Alex Gluhak, Lead Technologist (IoT) at the Digital Catapult, speaking at #MWC16
5. “You can see an opportunity and limited capability or you may want to solve a problem yourself – [entrepreneurial] inspiration can come from many directions.” – Rich Miner, GP of GV
6. “Eventually everything that draws electric current will become connected.” – Werner Vogels, CTO, Amazon
7. “The best way to pitch to Telcos is if you can count how much revenue can be generated or how much money can saved [by adopting your IoT application.] Make sure to come ready with the numbers.” – Anna Znamesnskaya, CDO, Vimplecom
Christiana Courtright is Community Manager for IoTUK. You can follow them on Twitter @IoTUKNews. Don’t forget to follow us too @DigiCatapult.