Nissan are looking to open up closed organisational Quality Assurance data and work with the North East software community to identify opportunities to utilise open social media data to monitor sentiment and identify trends and issues with its luxury ‘Infiniti’ brand.
The Digital Catapult North East & Tees Valley and Nissan are running a pilot to give North East software companies the opportunity to access this data, explore business opportunities and work with Nissan to solve potential issues and develop potentially commissionable solutions.
As well as the opportunity to develop for Nissan, the company or individual who pitches the best idea will win a guided tour of Nissan’s Sunderland factory as well as branded merchandise for themselves and two runners-up.
On the 2 and 3 of December 2015 we want local software businesses and individuals to come along, hear about the challenges and opportunities and get involved in scoping and developing solutions. The initial challenge day on 2 December will include:
- An introduction to the challenge from Digital Catapult NETV and Nissan
- Opportunity to meet Nissan representatives to find out about the business problems
- Opening up and giving priority access to closed Nissan quality assurance data sets
- Space in which early stage exploration and development of data can take place and the ability to speak to Nissan technologists to understand the datasets and how to best use them alongside open social media data
- Work alongside social media and big data experts from regional universities
- Demonstration space – if you have any services/products developed already you might want to demonstrate
- Opportunity to network with other software companies to explore joint innovation
The challenge will run from 9am on Wednesday 2 of December until 5pm with lunch and refreshments provided. One to one pitches will take place on the 3 of December at the Sunderland Software Centre (SR1 1PB).
We think companies will get the best from the Innovation Challenge by bringing along:
- Development staff – to explore the data and speak with Nissan technologists
- Business managers – to speak to potential customers
- Anyone else – attendance is not restricted, the more you bring the better the experience
To discuss this opportunity further or to get involved please contact Naomi Morrow on 0191 562 3351 or firstname.lastname@example.org or book using the button above.