Investigate the challenges and opportunities regarding IoT interoperability testing and learn more about Digital Catapult’s F-interop project
What is F-interop?
F-Interop is a three year European Horizon 2020 research and innovation project. It is researching and developing online interoperability and performance test tools, supporting emerging IoT-related technologies from standardization to market. This will lower the barriers to develop interoperable IoT solutions and increase opportunities for their exploitation.
F-Interop aims to:
- Support researchers, communities and SMEs involved in developing new products and standardization processes, through a close collaboration with standards development organizations (e.g. ETSI, oneM2M, IETF and W3C);
- Integrate and extend several European testbeds federating them with a shared “Testbed as a Service” platform interconnecting over 32 testbeds (Fed4FIRE, OneLab, IoT Lab) and 4755 nodes;
- Research and develop online testing tools for the IoT, including interoperability and conformance, scalability, Quality of Service (QoS), Quality of Experience (QoE) and energy efficiency tests;
- Develop online certification and labelling mechanisms to enable easier participation of researchers and industry leaders in the standardization process.
- Facilitate SMEs and developer communities with additional modules and extensions.
This meetup aims at investigating challenges and opportunities for interoperability test in Internet of Things, to present current achievement of the F-Interop project, discuss the open call process and highlight rules of engagement as well as discuss and provide feedback about relevance of possible envisioned extension.
18.00-18.30: F-Interop project open call, challenges and opportunities
18.30-19.00: Two interactive sessions with participants: Ecosystem creation and community champions identification; Tools brainstorming, collaborations exploration
19.00-19.10: Summary and feedback on possible/desired tool
If you are involved with one of the following communities (BLE, OMA LWM2M, 6TiSCH, CoAP/6LowPAN/RPL, IPv6 ready, Low Power Wide Area Network, Web of Things, Hypercat, COEL, 5G IoT) or new emerging domains (e.g. Internet of Underwater Things, 5g IoT) in the IoT ecosystem, you can engage with our F-interop project by registering here for our meetup.
If your business is developing solutions requiring interoperability to scale, we want to hear and learn from you. Your input will be useful to understand the kind of tools the platform might require in order to allow for faster interoperability testing. Please come armed with ideas, feedback and willingness to participate and interact!
If you are interested in sponsoring this meetup and can provide some light refreshments, please state this in your registration and we will get in touch with you.