The Environment Agency is looking for ways to better engage with local stakeholders, to make its river basin management planning more effective and impactful. Using both its own data and open-sourced data, the Agency is looking for companies with innovative ideas to help it improve its planning, communication or resources.
Who should attend?
Companies that are developing technologies that would improve accessibility, usability and inclusion of river basin planning data and information; or that can improve functionality across government and third party open data systems are encouraged to attend.
The Environment Agency is looking for innovative ways to:
- Engage and empower more people to contribute to River Basin Management Planning – making it meaningful for local people.
- Create more value from Environment Agency data by linking it with other open data sources.
- Build from existing Environment Agency resources and platforms.
Up to 3 winning ideas and concepts will receive up to £2500 in prize money on the day. The winning ideas will be explored by potential customers including the Environment Agency, to take forward for further funding. There is also an opportunity to explore new markets and make your digital solution visible to potential customers.
- 9:00 Arrival & Breakfast
- 9:30 Presentation of Challenges by Environment Agency, The Water Hub and end users
- 10:30 Questions & Answers
- 10:45 Ideation/Development Phase
- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 – 19:00 Continued Optional Development Phase for participants to work on proposals
- 19:00 Close (optional)
- 9:30 – 12:00 (15-minute Pitching Slot of up to 10 teams)
- Winners Announced – Prizes awarded
Breakfast and lunch will be provided around the Pitches
Sign up to take part via the Eventbrite page.