As part of the Cyber 101 programme Digital Catapult is pleased to announce the second of our Cyber 101 Deep Dive Sessions: Exporting to America, taking place on 21st February 2018.
Who should apply?
We are interested in hearing from cyber security companies operating across all UK sectors with existing products or service offerings who are looking for business and investment opportunities in the U.S.
Graduates of the Cyber 101: Business Skills Bootcamps are automatically accepted to the Deep Dive and places are allocated to them on a first come first served basis.
A number of places however are reserved for SMEs new to the Cyber 101 Programme. Please apply before 11th February using the form below.
Cyber 101 is a national programme running from January 2017 – March 2021 as part of DCMS funded activity to grow the UK’s cyber security sector and the capability of cyber security SMEs. The programme is linked to the Develop strand of the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy, a series of activities that will be supported by £1.9bn public investment over the next five years.
Provisional agenda for the day – subject to change:
- 09:00 – Welcome
- 09:15 – Morning session (covering the below topics)
1) Acquiring U.S. market intelligence
2) Developing a U.S. market proposition
3) Identifying a U.S. business opportunities
4) Engaging with U.S. cyber investors
- 12:45 – Lunch
- 13:30 – Afternoon session (covering the below topics)
1) Finding local U.S. partners
2) Addressing U.S. location options
3) Understanding the legal, regulatory and cultural challenges
4) Identifying sources of further advice and support
- 17:00 – Close
Call to action
Submit your application to the Cyber 101 Deep Dive via the form below. We aim to respond to all applications within 7 days of the call closing.
Successful applicants will be invited to a brief telephone interview to judge suitability. Please be advised that the experts from the Cyber 101 team will assess applications using three criteria:
- fit to Cyber 101 requirements
- domain expertise
Assessment is based on application content only.
The Deep Dive can accommodate a maximum of 12 SMEs and will take place at Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB.